Amla candy recipe can be made at home very easily without using any preservative. Kids will also love to have this sweet and sour amla candy. It is very beneficial to include amla in your daily diet. You can consume amla in many forms like amla muraba, amla achaar, and amla candy. So lets have a look at step by step procedure for making amla candies.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Total Time: 1 Hour
- 1/2 Kg Amla (Gooseberry)
- 400 Grams Jaggery (Gur)
- 1 Tablespoon Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Black Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin Seeds Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Carom Seeds Powder (Ajwain)
- 100 Grams Powdered Sugar
- Wash and clean all the amla with water.
- Microwave cleaned amla for about 10 minutes so that they become soft. You can also use pressure cooker to give steam.
- After that take out the seeds from amla and grind the amla in a mixer.
- Put the amla in hot pan and stir continuously for about 15-20 minutes until they become golden brown.
- Then add jaggery (Gur) and again stir continuously for about 20 minutes.
- After that add black pepper powder, black salt, cumin seeds powder and carom seeds powder and mix them well.
- Turn off the gas nob.
- Put the mixture in a bowl and let it be cool in a freezer for about 15 minutes.
- After that make small round candies from this mixture. Apply some ghee on your palm while making candies so it won’t stick to your hand.
- Roll the candies in powdered sugar for coating. Store the candies in a airtight container in the fridge.
- Your sweet and sour candies are ready to eat.
Your candies will last longer for many months, if stored in a fridge.