Chana masala recipe is one of the popular main course recipes that are served under Indian cuisine. The dish is mostly served with rice or parathas, though there is no compulsion. You can always try it in the way you want.
- Chana (Chickpeas) – 1 bowl
- Onion – 2 (Chopped)
- Tomato – 1(Chopped)
- Chana Masala – 1 Tablespoon
- Laal Mirchi (Red Chily Powder) – 1 Tablespoon
- Haldi (Turmeric) – 1 Tablespoon
- Jeera (Cumin seeds) – 1 Tablespoon
- Water – 4 Cups
How to Prepare Chana Masala Recipe
- Soak the chickpeas (Chana) in water for around 8 hours. You can do it overnight to save your time.
- Boil the soaked chickpeas in two cups of water. Remove extra water and keep the boiled chickpeas separate.
- To prepare the gravy, heat one tablespoon of ghee in a pan at low flame.
- Add one tablespoon jeera (cumin seeds).
- Add chopped onions and mix well.
- Once the onions get golden brown in color, add chopped tomatoes.
- Add one tablespoon haldi, one tablespoon chana masala, and one tablespoon laal mirchi. Mix well.
- Cook the mixture for three to four minutes.
- Now add two cups of water to the mixture and cook for another five minutes.
- Add boiled chana to the gravy and mix well.
- Garnish the dish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- Your chana masala gravy is ready. As mentioned above, you can serve the dish with steamed rice or paranthas.
How to Prepare Boiled Rice in Less Than 10 Minutes
Boil one cup of rice in two cups of water in a cooking tumbler at low flames. After six to seven minutes, check if you can see some tiny pores on the top layer of rice. If you can see the pores, cook the rice for another three minutes. Boiled rice is ready to be served hot with chana masala.