Gobi paratha recipe is very delicious and easy to cook. It is a North Indian cuisine that is generally cooked in Punjab. The stuffed parathas are mostly served with butter or curd. You can also eat them with a pickle and a cup of tea. So, let’s have a look at the recipe.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for Gobi Paratha Recipe
- Cauliflower (Gobi)
- Green Chili
- Ginger (Grated)
- Red Chili Powder
- Coriander Powder (Dhania Powder)
- Cumin Seeds Powder (Jeera Powder)
- Ajwain (Carom Seeds)
- Salt to Taste
How to Prepare Stuffing for Parathas
- Wash the cauliflower in running water for a couple of minutes to remove any dust.
- Break the flower with hands into small pieces.
- Put the flowers in a mixer grinder or use a knife to chop them into tiny pieces.
- Take the chopped cauliflower in a fresh bowl.
- Add a couple of chopped onions to the mixture.
- Now, add chopped green chili, grated ginger, coriander powder, cumin seeds powder, one tablespoon carom seeds, one tablespoon red chili powder, and salt to taste. Mix them all.
- Paratha stuffing is ready.
How to Make Stuffed Gobi Paratha
- Mix grated cauliflower, onion, green chili, and all the spices.
- Take a medium-sized ball from the dough. Dust it with flour.
- Now roll the dough ball with a rolling pin (belan) to make a disc of 4 inches. Place the stuffing in the center and start pleating bringing it to the center.
- Sprinkle some flour and roll to of chapati size.
- Heat the tawa (hot plate or flat frying pan) and place the paratha on it. Cook both sides of paratha by applying ghee or oil. Once the paratha is roasted from both sides, it is ready to be served with butter or curd. Enjoy the authentic taste of paratha with a cup of tea.