One of the best ways to make fresh paneer from milk is by using lemon. But, in case you don’t have a lemon, the other best ingredient that you can use to make paneer from milk without lemon is vinegar. The tangy flavor of vinegar does the same job as lemon does. The best thing about vinegar is that it is as natural as lemon. So, lets see how to use vinegar to convert milk into fresh paneer at home in few simple steps:
- Heat the amount of milk you want to convert into paneer in a pan.
- The moment milk starts boiling, add two tablespoons of vinegar to the milk and stir well.
- In three to four milk, you will see some change in the texture of the milk. If not, then you can add one more spoon of vinegar.
- Once the milk starts converting into the semisolid mixture, turn off the flame and wait for another two-three minutes.
- Strain the residual liquid using a strainer and what left in the strainer is our freshly prepared paneer.
- You can use this paneer instantly to make any dish or you can also store it in the fridge to use later on.
Quick Paneer Bhurji Recipe
- Freshly prepared paneer
- Tomatoes (Finely Chopped)
- Onions (Finely Chopped)
- Garam Masala
- Red Chili Powder
- Green Chilly
- Cumin Seeds
- Cooking Oil
Instructions to Prepare Paneer Bhurji
- Heat two tablespoon cooking oil in a pan.
- Add one tablespoon cumin seeds.
- After one minute, add chopped onions and tomatoes.
- Add one tablespoon salt, one tablespoon garam masala, and one tablespoon red chili powder.
- You can also add chopped green chili if you want the dish to be spicy.
- Once, onions turn golden brown in color, add paneer.
- Stir the mixture well for a couple of minutes.
- Paneer bhurji is ready to be served.