There are many nutritious and delicious by-products of milk that can be prepared easily at home. White butter is one of those products. The process is very easy if you follow the right tool and technique. So, let’s see how to make white butter from fresh milk cream:
- Fresh Milk Cream – 4 Cups
- Water – 1 Cup
- Take 4 cups of fresh milk cream in a deep tumbler.
- Beat the milk cream using a hand mixer. Do not go to the top speed instantly as it may spill out the cream and dirt your kitchen.
- Start slow and beat the cream for around two to three minutes.
- Once you see a change in the consistency of the cream, increase the speed of the beater.
- Continue to beat until you notice some liquid in the tumbler, which is basically buttermilk.
- You can collect the buttermilk in a separate tumbler. Buttermilk is used to make cheese (Paneer).
- Fresh white butter is served with hot parathas.
So, next time someone asks you how to make white butter from fresh milk cream. You will have the answer to their question.
There is no need to throw away the buttermilk collected in this process. You can use buttermilk to make cheese (paneer). The process is as follows:
- Heat the buttermilk in a deep pan till it starts boiling.
- Add two tablespoons of lemon juice to the boiling buttermilk.
- Stir well till you see buttermilk turning into solid cheese (paneer).
- You can use this cheese in the main course recipes