There is an abundance of tea lovers in India and most of us can not resist our morning and evening cups of tea. There are people, who do not require anything to eat while having tea. They just need a cup of tea made exactly the way they want. But, there are people who definitely need something to munch while sipping their favorite ginger flavor. This recipe is dedicated to all those tea lovers.
List of Ingredients:
1. Aloo (Potato)
2. Matar (Green Peas)
3. Ajwain (Carom Seeds)
5. Red Chilly Powder
6. Sooji (Semolina)
1. Boil 3-4 medium size potatoes for five minutes. Peel the skin and mash them all using big size spoon or masher.
2. Add half teaspoon of carom seeds and one teaspoon salt to the mashed potatoes and mix well.
3. Now add half teaspoon of red chilly powder, a hand full of green peas, and mix well. The filling is ready.
4. Now add one cup of water to two cups of sooji (Semolina) and three teaspoons of maida and stir well to avoid lumps. Keep the mixture aside for five minutes and the dough will be ready.
5. Take a ball of dough and gently press it using your hand, to make it look like a small size roti.
6. Take one big spoon of the mixture prepared from mashed potatoes and place it on the center of roti.
7. Join all sides of the roti to keep the mixture intact. Press the ball slowly with your hand, once again, to make it look like a small size roti.
8. Heat around half a liter of cooking oil in a pan to deep fry the prepared roti.
9. Slowly release the roti in the boiling oil and stir well to cook it well from all sides. Once the lower side of the kachori turns brown, turn it upside down using a spatula.
10. When the other side of the kachori also turns brown, take out the kachori from the oil using spatula and place it on the butter paper to get rid of extra oil. Serve it hot with morning or evening tea, to your friends and family.