After the occurrence of the pandemic Covid-19, all of us should be well aware of the importance of immunity in preventing us from getting ill. Parallelly, we should also be aware of foods or fruits that can help strengthen our immune system. One of those fruits is Pumpkin. Yes, pumpkin is technically termed as fruit as it contains seeds. It can be consumed in many ways. Today, we will use it in our khatta meetha kaddu recipe, which is a popular main course dish in India.
Five Amazing Health Benefits of Pumpkin
- Rich in Vitamin A, B2, C, and E. Vitamin A and C can boost your immune system.
- Rich in antioxidants to prevent chronic diseases.
- Rich in iron and folate to boost the immune system.
- Low in calories.
- Cooking Oil – 2 Tablespoons
- Methi Dana (Fenugreek Seeds) – 1/2 Tablespoon
- Saunf (Fennel) – 1/2 Tablespoon
- Ajwain (Carom Seeds) – 1/2 Tablespoon
- Kadi Patta (Curry Leaves) – 6 to 7 leaves
- Halwa Kaddu (Pumpkin) – 1/2 Kg
- Salt to taste
- Red Chilli Powder – 1Tablespoon
- Haldi (Turmeric) – 1 Tablespoon
- Imli (Tamarind) – Paste Form – 1 Tablespoon
- Sugar – 2 Tablespoon
- Tomatoes – 2 Big Size – Cut into big pieces
- Onions – 2 Big Size – Cut into big pieces
Instructions to Prepare Khatta Meetha Kaddu Recipe
- Take a deep frying pan, add cooking oil, and put it on low flame.
- Add methi dana, saunf, ajwain, kadi patta, and halwa kaddu.
- Roast everything for five minutes.
- Add tomatoes and onions to the mixture, mix well, and cook for another three minutes.
- Now add salt, red chili powder, haldi, and mix well.
- Add imli paste and sugar
- Mix well and cook for five more minutes.
- The dish is ready to be served.