Masala Idli Recipe is easy to digest and healthy too. You can use any veggie of your choice to prepare the batter. Idli is a South Indian breakfast cuisine that is very healthy. It can be cooked using rice or rawa (Semolina). Fermented rice is not that healthy so its good to cook Idli using Rawa also called as Sooji. As Idli is generally served with sambar or coconut chutney, I will explain how to prepare masala idli recipe in just 15-20 minutes for breakfast. This recipe is very delicious and can be cooked easily at home.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 5 Minutes
- Rawa – 200 Grams
- Curd – 200 Grams
- Carrot – 1 (Chopped)
- Onion – 2 (Chopped)
- Capsicum – 1 (Chopped)
- Tomato – 2 (Chopped)
- Baking Soda – 1/2 Tablespoon
- Baking Powder – 1 Tablespoon
- Cooking Oil – 1 Tablespoon
- Water – 1 Cup
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 Tablespoon
- Red Chili Powder – 1/2 Tablespoon
- Salt to taste
How to Cook Masala Idli Recipe
- To make batter, mix 200 grams of rawa, 200 grams of curd, and 1 cup water.
- Then mix finely chopped vegetables like carrot, onion, capsicum, tomato. Leave the batter for 5-10 minutes.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking soda, 1 tbsp of baking powder, and some salt to taste.
- Grease the cups of an idli stand with some cooking oil. Then pour batter into the greased cups.
- Set the idli stand inside the steamer and steam for 10-15 minutes on a medium flame. If you are using the idli stand that can be used in microwave, then 5 minutes steaming is enough.
- Use a knife to check whether idlis are cooked properly or not. If the knife comes out clean that means idlis are cooked.
- Meanwhile, you are cooking idlis, take some cooking oil in a pan to prepare masala. Fry chopped onions till they get golden brown in color.
- Add chopped tomato and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. Add some salt to taste, red chili powder, and turmeric powder.
- Once the Idlis are cooked, serve them with masala you prepared.