Mushroom do pyaza recipe is a popular North Indian recipe that is served in the main course. In this, the quantity of onions used is double the quantity of mushrooms. That’s why the recipe was named, mushroom do pyaza. In this, we use semi dry gravy.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Ingredients for mushroom do pyaza recipe
- Mushroom – 200 Grams
- Onion – 8 (Medium Sized)
- Tomato – 1 Medium Sized (Pureed)
- Garlic – 10 Cloves
- Ginger – 1 small piece
- Red Chili Powder – 1/2 Tablespoon
- Turmeric Powder – 1 Tablespoon
- Garam Masala – 1 Tablespoon
- Coriander – 1 Tablespoon
- Cumin Seeds – 1 Tablespoon
- Milk Cream – 2 Tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Wash and cut the mushroom into small slices.
- Grind 3 medium sized Onion and make a paste. Put this paste in one bowl.
- Then grind tomato, ginger, garlic and green chili to make a paste.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and saute until they crack. Then add onion paste and fry till it becomes golden brown. Add tomato, garlic, ginger paste. Fry for 5-6 minutes.
- Mix all the spices into the above mixture and 2 tbsp of malai. Put 1 cup of water. Stir for 2 minutes.
- Cut other 5 medium sized onions into 3 pieces each. Fry them for 5-6 minutes in a separate pan until they become transparent.
- Add sliced mushrooms and fried onion into the above prepared (Step 5) mixture.
- Cover the pan and cook until mushrooms are completely cooked. Serve this hot with naan or tandoori roti or chapati.
- You can also use fresh cream instead of fresh milk cream (malai).
- If you have small sized onion, simply peel them off and fry them.