Palak paneer recipe is counted under the most popular main course recipes in India. The major ingredients of the recipe, palak (spinach) and paneer (cheese) make it highly nutritious. Palak is rich in iron and multivitamins and paneer is rich in protein. The dish is mostly served with steamed rice or roti (bread) in India.
- Palak (Spinach) – 250 grams
- Paneer (Cheese) – 250 grams (Cut into cubes of equal size)
- Onion – 2 Chopped
- Tomatoes – 2 Chopped
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 Tablespoon
- Cumin Seeds – 1 Tablespoon
- Cooking Oil – 2 Tablespoon
- Water – 4 Cups
- Salt to taste
How to Make Palak Paneer Recipe
- Add nicely washed spinach (palak) leaves to a pressure cooker.
- Add 2 cups of water to the same cooker and boil the spinach leaves. You can wait for three to four whistles from the cooker.
- Turn off the flame and wait for a couple of minutes. It will release the pressure inside the cooker.
- Once the cooker has settled down, open the cooker lid and check if the leaves have boiled nicely. In case the leaves are still raw, close the lid again and wait for a couple of more whistles.
- Grind the boiled leaves using a hand grinder.
- Take a cooking pan and heat 2 tablespoons of cooking oil in it.
- Add cumin seeds and stir well.
- Then add chopped onions and tomatoes.
- Once the onions get golden brown in color, add red chilli powder, some salt, and mix well.
- Now, add boiled palak leaves to the mixture and stir well.
- At last, add the pieces of fresh paneer (cheese) to the mixture.