Peda or pera is a popular sweet dish that is traditionally prepared form milk solids known as mawa or khoya. When the milk is simmered for long hours, it turns into khoya. But, if you are in hurry, then you can try our instant peda recipe using milk powder.
Ingredients for peda recipe using milk powder
- White Chana Without Skin (100 grams)
- One Small Cup Suji (Roasted Semolina)
- Everyday Milk Powder (50 Grams)
- Powdered Sugar (Two Spoons)
- Dry Fruits (Of Your Choice)
- Milk ( Five Spoons)
Instructions for homemade peda recipe
- Put suji (semolina), white chana, milk powder, and sugar in a jar of a mixer grinder and grind for two minutes.
- Take the mixture in a bowl and slowly add five spoons of milk to make dough.
- Make pedas from the mixture. Usually, the shape of the pedas is round and flat, as you can see in the image. But, you can always experiment when you are in the kitchen. You can always give square or triangular shape to these pedas and break the monotony.
- In addition, you can also use some dry fruits like almonds and cashews to garnish the pedas.