Samosa is one of the popular snacks in India. The basic samosa has a stuffing of masala prepared from mashed potatoes, onions, and various spices. With time, people have found many versions of the recipe by replacing potatoes with noodles and paneer.
The basic version is easily available in any state of the country. While the new versions of samosa are available at specific food corners only. Maybe, most of the people still like the basic version of samosa only.
Though there is no specific time to enjoy the snack. Yet, the best time to have samosa is in the rainy season. Two hot samosas, one cup of tea or coffee, and mint sauce is a perfect combination when it is raining outside.
Ingredients Required for Samosa Recipe:
- All Purpose Flour (Maida) – 2 Cups
2. Cooking Oil – 1/4 Cup
3. Water – 2 Cups
4. Potato – 3 Medium Size (Boiled)
5. Green Chilli – 2 to 3
6. Mixture of Spices (Garam Masala) – 2 Tablespoon
7. Cumin Seeds (Jeera) – 2 Tablespoon
8. Turmeric – 2 Tablespoon
9. Black Pepper – 2 Tablespoon
10. Salt – To Taste
How to Make Aloo Stuffed Samosa
- Add cooking oil and water to maida and make dough
2. Mash boiled potatoes using a spoon or hands
3. Add garam masala, cumin seeds, turmeric, salt, and black pepper to mashed potatoes and mix well
4. Take a ball of dough and make a round flatbread (roti).
5. Cut the flatbread into half. Paste the corner of the half flatbread across the sides to make a cone.
6. Fill the cone with the prepared mixture and seal the open side using water
7. Similarly, make more samosa from rest of the dough
8. Take a deep pan, add 3 cups of cooking oil, and heat it till the oil starts bubbling
9. Now add the prepared samosas to the bubbling oil one by one
10. Deep fry the samosas till they turn golden brown in color
11. Take a serving plate and cover it with butter paper
12. Take out the samosas one by one from the oil and place them on the paper towel.
13. Paper towel will absorb the extra oil from the samosas
14. Now, your hot potato stuffed samosas are ready to be served
You may also like: