Sooji Halwa is a traditional Indian dish that is made in every Indian home. It is mostly made when there is some religious occasion. You can also serve this to your guests after lunch or dinner as a dessert. It is very easy to cook as it takes very few ingredients, which are easily available at home. Let’s take a look at the sooji ka halwa recipe.
- Sooji – 1 Cup
- Sugar – 1 Cup
- Water – 4 Cups
- Ghee – 3 Tablespoon
- Cashew – 5 to 6
- Almonds – 5 to 6
- Raisins – 3 to 4
Instructions for Sooji Ka Halwa Recipe
- Heat the pan. Put some ghee into the pan.
- Then add 1 cup sooji and roast it in the ghee until it becomes golden brown.
- Add some water and stir the mixture continuously to avoid lumps.
- Now, add 1 cup of sugar. It is better if you crush the sugar and then add it to the mixture.
- Crushed sugar will mix well with other ingredients in the pan.
- Stir well and cook the mixture for five to ten minutes to gain some consistency. After stirring for two to three minutes, you will feel an increase in the consistency of the mixture.
- When it gets a little tough to stir the spatula in the pan, it means your dish is ready and you can turn off the flame.
- To garnish the dish, you can crush some dry fruits like almonds or cashews and mix them into the halwa.
- You can serve the dish to your friends and family members.
You may also like: