Vegetable idli recipe is definitely one of the best South Indian recipes. The recipe is too easy to cook yet enough to mesmerize your taste buds. Rava idlis are mostly served with sambar and green chili chutney. The best way to serve idlis is to prepare them fresh as it takes just five to ten minutes.
- 200 gm Rava
- 200 gm Curd
- 1 Bowl Carrot
- 1 Bowl Onion
- 1 Bowl Capsicum
- 1 Bowl Tomato
- 1/2 tbsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tbsp Baking Powder
- Cooking Oil
- Mix 200 gm of Rava and 200 gm of Curd. Add some water to make the consistent batter.
- Then mix finely chopped vegetables like carrot, onion, capsicum, tomato. Leave the batter for 5-10 minutes.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking soda, 1 tbsp of baking powder and some salt to taste.
- Grease Idli stands with some oil. Then pour batter into greased plates.
- Steam Idlis for about 10-15 minutes on medium flame or until cooked. If you are using the microwave then 5 minutes are enough to steam Idlis.
- Use a knife to check whether Idlis are cooked properly or not. If the knife comes out clean that means Idli is cooked.
- Once Idlis are cooked, serve them hot with sambar.
Note: You may also like to visit our Sambar Recipe: www.cookwithemotion.com/sambar-recipe