Ingredients for Sponge
- Whole Wheat Flour (One Cup)
- Warm Water (One Cup)
- Maple Syrup (Two Tablespoon)
- Active Yeast (One Tablespoon)
Ingredients for Bread
- Whole Wheat Flour (Two Cups)
- Salt (One Tablespoon)
- Oil (Two Tablespoon)
- Lemon Juice (1.5 Tablespoon)
- Ground Cumin (One Quarter Tablespoon)
- Water ( Two Tablespoon)
- Oil Butter (As required)
- To prepare sponge, mix all the given ingredients in a bowl for five minutes to make batter.
- Leave the mixture aside for one hour in a warm place.
- Add the sponge batter in a stand mixer and add two cups of flour and salt.
- Knead for a minute and add oil, lemon juice, cumin, and water. Now knead for five more minutes.
- After five minutes, check if the dough needs some more flour or water.
- Keep aside the dough for 20 minutes.
- Shape the dough into a rectangle and place it in a well greased bread pan.
- Spray some water on top and add sesame seeds or oats.
- Cover the dough using a fresh towel and leave it for another 50 minutes.
- Now bake the dough for 40 minutes in a preheated oven at 350 degree F.
- Once baked, grease the bread from the top with oil or vegan butter.
- Slice the bread using a knife after one hour.