The whole wheat bread recipe is segmented into two parts. One is to prepare sponge and the second part is to make bread using the sponge. The process is bit slow but the results are marvelous. All you need to do is collect the ingredients listed below and follow the given instructions.
Ingredients for Sponge
- Whole Wheat Flour (One Cup)
- Warm Water (One Cup)
- Maple Syrup (Two Tablespoon)
- Active Yeast (One Tablespoon)
Ingredients for Bread
- Whole Wheat Flour (Two Cups)
- Salt (One Tablespoon)
- Oil (Two Tablespoon)
- Lemon Juice (1.5 Tablespoon)
- Ground Cumin (One Quarter Tablespoon)
- Water ( Two Tablespoon)
- Oil Butter (As required)
How to Make Whole Wheat Bread Recipe
- To prepare sponge, mix all the given ingredients in a bowl for five minutes to make batter.
- Leave the mixture aside for one hour in a warm place.
- Add the sponge batter in a stand mixer and add two cups of flour and salt.
- Knead for a minute and add oil, lemon juice, cumin, and water. Now knead for five more minutes.
- After five minutes, check if the dough needs some more flour or water.
- Keep aside the dough for 20 minutes.
- Shape the dough into a rectangle and place it in a well greased bread pan.
- Spray some water on top and add sesame seeds or oats.
- Cover the dough using a fresh towel and leave it for another 50 minutes.
- Now bake the dough for 40 minutes in a preheated oven at 350 degree F.
- Once baked, grease the bread from the top with oil or vegan butter.
- Slice the bread using a knife after one hour.
Note: You can use the bread slices to make a sandwich or if you want, you can eat it directly too. In case you like peanut butter, then you can apply it on a bread slice and enjoy. Avoid peanut butter in case you are allergic to it. You can always use white butter instead.